Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has sprung!

I LOVE forsythia.  They grow kind of wild and crazy like they have been stiffled all winter and are ready to show their stuff.  And the color is so vibrant!.  I just have to have some in my house, even though iit is gray, muddy and bits of snow on the ground outside. - Inside, it's spring! (also, my hubby's birthday - Happy Birthday hubby!)



I couldn't wait to cover the thrift store chair I bought last week and wanting to be frugal about it, I slip covered it in a fabric I already had.  I really like it and especially like having the option to change it when I find a good deal on a fabric I REALLY^ like.  I looks even better with a bright pink pillow on it, and after looking at this photo, I realized that I need to paint the legs black. 

I think maybe a fake fur would look fun?

Pin It! Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz1zm6NAV00

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruthie, Happy Birthday to your husband. The forsythia is so bright and welcoming in your home. I have been anxious to see your chair; I love the fabric and yes, a bright pink, yellow or lime green pillow would be perfect! The chair was a great find!

Cranberry Morning said...

Happy B'day to your hubby. :-) Forsythia is blooming, so is the Eastern Red Bud blooming also? We don't have it here, for we're too far north. But when we traveled to PA it seems to me that Eastern red bud and forsythia bloomed at about the same time. Is that right?

Unknown said...

ewwww i like! give rob a big fat wet kiss for me for his birthday!

Chatty Crone said...

You must know dear Kay - she is a friend of mine. And happy birthday to your husband. AND I think you did a great job on the chair. sandie